My Moto

Though You May Not Feel Important To The World; Somethimes Your The World To Someone <3 My moto...

Monday, May 2, 2011

The Roll Thunder Hear My Cry

This is the cover I read from...
This is a book which I'm read in my Literature class (don't tell my teacher I'm actually am not done yet!). This book is a classic and is very, I may say, racist. The setting is taken during the Great Depression and is about a black family. They have have troubles with other whites in the town, such as an event called, 'The Burning' (I think that's what it is called... It was at the beginning of the book) where some whites burned these blacks to death. I'm not sure what the names of the people are but I know it was one father and I think his two sons (correct me if I'm wrong!). The family in the story is made up of these characters; Cassie(who tells the story from her point of view; Narrator), Stacey(a boy; I got confused on that. Lol), Christopher-John, Little Man(more of a nickname), Mama, Big Ma(grandma, technically), Papa, and Mr. Morrison. Some people who reoccur in the story are; TJ and Uncle Hammer. There are other people such as Lilian Jean, though I would rather not say. This book was OK, I would rather read something a little more violent and fun though. Though there are some clever pranks in there though... This book was one I was forced to read so, if its not something you would read for pleasure I don't mind.
Thanx
~Lizzy

2 comments:

  1. I hope you like this one... (no one will comment... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really I like this very much. Now I got interest to buy this book. Is this is available in every market?
    register website domain

    ReplyDelete